Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Remember When I Used To Blog?


Some times I remember those fond memories of blogging and I think to myself: "Why did I ever stop?" The answer to that? Laziness. 

Anyways, I have so much to write about I don't know where to start. . .

I guess I will start with school. 
I have the greatest classes ever this semester. My favorite of them all is Figurative Illustration. This is my first actual illustration class I have ever taken, and I am enjoying it immensely. It's a lot different then I thought it would be though. We have and will be working on the same project all semester. Our project is creating characters for an adaptation of The Little Mermaid that we came up with. 

Here is my "Elevator Pitch" for the projects: 

What would you give to be considered normal? For Adrian Arielle, a struggling musician, he would give up almost anything, including his talent. Although Adrian's music captivates it listeners, he himself is outcasted from society. Nobody understands Adrian's madness, but the voices he hears and the visions he sees are his inspiration. When he falls in love with a woman from a respectable family, he knows that she will never accept him with his madness. Adrian visits a doctor to try and cure his illness. Miraculously, he is cured. He soon finds that he can no longer write music like he did before, but he doesn't care as long as he can be with the one he loves. Soon, however, he realizes that maybe he shouldn't have given up what he had for what he wanted.

So yeah that is my story, and here are some sketches I have done for the story:



I am also really improving  my figure drawing. In fact, the other day my teacher told me my drawing was absolutely beautiful. Which made me feel really good.


As I was browsing around on the internet the other day I found an amazing illustrator. His name is Frank Stockton, and I spent hours looking at his blog. Here is the link if you would like to see for yourself: http://frankstocktonart.blogspot.com/ 

One last little thing, it is currently time for my annual reading of Poison.


My English teacher in High School made us read this in class and it has been one of my favorite books since then. For the past three years I have re-read it around Halloween time because it is so creepy and awesome that it fits the season perfectly. I was then reminded of another book by Chris Wooding that I really wanted to read ever since this summer but I could never find. It is called Malice, and it is half novel, half graphic novel. The only problem is that nobody has this book! So I finally gave in and bought it off Amazon for $4. It should be here in a few days, and I am super stoked for when it arrives!


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you love Poison! It is still a favorite of mine too. I should read it again!

    ReplyDelete