Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rain, Rain, Don't go away

I woke up this morning, looked out the window, and my heart leapt for joy. Another rainy day. It has been raining almost all week and I absolutely love it. I don't know what it is about the rain, or better yet thunder storms, that make me so happy. There is something very comforting about the low rumble of thunder, or the pitter patter of rain on the window. I enjoy nothing more then coming in from playing in the rain, changing into some dry sweats, and curling up on the couch with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate/Apple cider. I enjoy rainy days so much that I even created a playlist on my ipod specially for them. Put a rainy day and these carefully selected songs together and something magical happens. True, for some people the combination might seem a bit depressing, but for me it has a calming effect.

Some of my rainy day favorites are:

Muse - Shine (acoustic)
The Shins - New Slang
Broken Bells - The Ghost Inside
Death Cab for Cutie - Bixby Canyon Bridge
Josh Ritter - Harrisburg
Mumford and Sons - Thistle and Weeds

just to name a few

I sincerely hope that this rain continues. I could go for another week of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment