Friday, September 30, 2011

I've got blisters on my fingers!

I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. But do I have a guitar? No. I do, however, have a ukulele. Which is even better than a guitar. The last couple days I have been extremely bored just sitting around the apartment, so I decided I would work on my ukulele playing abilities. The only problem with playing the ukulele instead of the guitar is that most songs are not originally played on the ukulele. (Except for NeverShoutNever, which I have been learning some of their songs.) So I've been looking up the guitar chords for a bunch of songs and just transferring it to the ukulele. My repertoire of songs includes Rocky Raccoon - The  Beatles, One - U2, Did it hurt - NeverShoutNever, FM Radio - Joshua James, and many others. My favorite song that I can play though, is Harrisburg - Josh Ritter. Yes, it is supposed to be played on the guitar, so it sounds a little funny. However it is the best I can do.

I recorded just a little sample of it for you to hear, and no I am not singing along so you will just have to imagine the words.



Pretty great, right?
(wow, weird thing happened to this video. The sound is right, but the video is playing double time, so it cuts off the end of the audio. Also It look like I'm playing really fast, which as much as I would like to be able to play that fast, I'm not really.)

The only problem is, due to the fact that I have excessively been playing the ukulele, my fingers really hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment